Wednesday, August 19, 2009

So what goes into a sermon ?(part 3)

My wife and I are in Fort Myers right now...we were riders in the storm. We decided to take the alternate route along the coast on Sunday, during the Tropical Storm Claudette. It was beautiful but dangerous as we rode through the worst part of the storm--it was pretty hairy. But the minister will always be taught the sermon in his heart first and this was my learning expedition. With strategy and proper planning, I avoided the stress of arriving safely to my destination. Paul had a strategy to be intentional in his testimony sharing and God had a plan to get him to those who needed to hear. In the sermon prep phase, I am in the tearing apart the scripture and getting into the story phase. So this time I started with an outline of the passage.

I. Life Before Christ

A. Tailored to the person
B. Youth
C. Religion
D. Persecutor

II. Conversion

A. Preparation
1. On journey
2. Brought low

B. Call
1. Minister
2. Witness
3. Sent

III. Life After Conversion

A. Not Disobedient
B. Preached Repentance
C. Was Persecuted
D. Preached Christ from the OT
E. OT Case for Resurrection of Christ
F. Felix replies that Paul is mad. Paul reinforces testimony

No comments:

Post a Comment